1834 - Marson Insurance Policies documentLists a "dwelling house and shop, Melting House, and Stable and Brewhouse” in the occupation of Gerard Blackband, grocer and druggist.The Insurance Policy document mentions a brick and tiled “melting house (for rough fat” nearby in the same tenure, and a separate brick and tiled “stable and brewhouse” nearby in the same tenure. These are presumably the buildings shown behind adjacent to the churchyard on the 1838 Tithe Map, and the melting house would have been used for supplying candles and soap for the chandlery business.(Gerard Blackband had been listed as a “mercer, grocer and chandler” in Gnosall in an 1818 directory and as “grocer” on an 1813 Gnosall baptism, but unknown where.)1838 Tithe Awards Owned by John Cattlow and occupied by Gerrard Blackband.1841 and 1851 censuses Gerrard Blackband continuing at the same address as “grocer” (1841) and “grocer and chandler” (1851) and an 1851 trade directory has “grocer, draper and chandler”. 1853 - Church Burial RecordsGerrard Blackband buried 6th January 1853.1861 censusIndicates 16 year old William Morrey (head) as grocer. William Morrey besides being a grocer, operated the Post Office here from at least 1868 until 1899. 1899 - Sale of propertyA newspaper article dated July 1899 shows that the property was sold at auction for £591 to John Roscoe of the Boat Inn.William Morrey married Louisa Greening from Horns Inn in 1891 and was farmer at Audmore on 1901 census1910 Finance Act survey,Joseph Walwyn owned the property, occupier was W Bevan.(Joseph Walwyn and his son Walter, were bakers and grocers from Coton Mill)1911 CensusWilliam Bevan was head of the household and his sister Ann Bevan was living at the same address.1935 - Information from Bob JohnsonPercy Evans was the manager. (its said he kept a box of broken biscuits on the counter for children, presumably to encourage them to shop with him and not at the competitors just yards away when running errands).1950 Approx - Information from Bob JohnsonThe property changed hands and became Richardson & Jones and continued to trade as a greengrocers and grocery stores.Then was later sold to Charlie Talbot who also ran his milk delivery business from the rear of the premises. 1980s - Information from Bob JohnsonSince the 1980s the property has been connected with Catering.